Help us fight anxiety and depression by purchasing an inspirational sticker pack. Post a sticker, encourage a stranger.
No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is. - Irvin Himmel
11 Words of Wisdom for Women of God
By Joyce Meyer
1. Always keep God first, and seek Him for who He is, not what He can do for you.
2. Take time regularly to examine your own heart and ensure that your motives are pure. Everything is determined by your motives.
3. Show respect for all people and make everyone feel valuable. Every human being is created in the image of God.
4. Be a very generous giver. Giving is the key to living.
5. Enjoy where you are on the way to where you are going. Be goal oriented, but do not miss the moment you are in.
6. Always remember where you came from. This will help you to stay humble.
7. Be Thankful in all things, even if not for all things.
8. The things you say are important. Do not underestimate the power of little throw away comments that can crush and hurt people.
9. Seek peace. You must pursue having peace on purpose. It is one of the most necessary things for enduring ministry .
10. Love God. When you truly love God, you will have a good relationship with yourself and then you will treat other people right.
11. What God says is important, not what man says. Do not be a people pleaser, but be a God pleaser.
Have you stopped to consider that today is a special gift from God? Sometimes, our days can be so full and busy that we forget how fragile life really is. It can be easy to allow little things to creep in and steal our peace and joy. Maybe something doesn’t go our way, or someone says something upsetting. Even traffic can cause us to lose focus if we let it. We have to remember that each day is a gift. If we choose to focus on what’s wrong, we’ll miss the blessing that each day has to offer.
I encourage you today; don’t let the precious moments of life pass you by. Don’t wait for holidays and birthdays to show people that you care. Remember, each day is unique and irreplaceable. You have been given time that can be invested or wasted; hours that can be used or misused. That’s why the psalmist prayed to God, “Teach us to number our days.” He was saying, “Teach us to value every moment we’ve been given.” As you daily keep a proper perspective, you’ll gain a heart of wisdom. You’ll draw closer to God and experience the full blessing that He has for you each and every day!
Are you facing challenges today or feeling overwhelmed by your circumstances? Perhaps what you see on the outside doesn’t match what God has placed on the inside of you. The key is: don’t sit around in self-pity, depressed or discouraged. Go out and find someplace you can dream and connect with Almighty God. Go to the park and watch the sunset. Look up at the stars and think about His goodness. Take a break from the environment that seems to be holding you back. Find a place that inspires you, a place where you can meditate on His Word and let your faith be elevated. Stay in a good, Bible-based church where people are going to build you up and not tear you down; a place where people are going to challenge you to rise higher and become all that God has created you to be.
I know people who get home from work every night and watch the same depressing TV shows week after week. Don’t let that be you! If you’re going to enlarge your vision, you’ve got to get out of a limited environment. Put yourself in an atmosphere of victory and success and move forward in the good things God has prepared for you!
So many people today are living with less than God’s best because they’ve allowed fear to creep in and take root in their lives. Fear is the greatest weapon the enemy uses to try to hold us back. Fear is not from God. Scripture tells us that fear brings torment. It’s designed to paralyze us and keep us from God’s blessings.
The good news is that God is greater than fear. His power in you is greater than any power that comes against you. But, in order to walk in His power, you have to close the door on the enemy. See, the enemy can’t have access to your life unless you open a door and give him access. That’s why we have to be careful about what we watch, what we listen to, what we read, and what we say. When we open ourselves to fear, we give the enemy opportunity.
If you’ve allowed fear to steal from you in any area of life, today you can be free — you can be finished with fear. Conquering the enemy starts by making the choice to close the door on fear by receiving God’s love and meditating on His promises. Receive His truth and speak His truth. Let Him set you free and lead you into victory as you close the door on fear.